Individuals and equestrians who currently are, or may have an interest, in becoming a professional in the equine industry, regardless of age, discipline, or position. Example: Trainer, Rider, Coach, Instructor, Business Owner.
Through a series of articles, workshops, seminars, small group gatherings, symposiums, podcasts and presentations, select ESA Professionals will share with Young Professionals, Interns, Working Students, Assistants, Professionals, Associate members and Riding School/Academy Instructors insights into the equestrian industry.
Industry ethics and principals, best business practices, career guidance and networking will be analyzed and discussed. Emphasis will be placed on business development, personal development, prudent use of social media, and how to handle adversity as well as long term planning for retirement.
EQUESTRIAN SPORT ADVOCATES MEMBERSHIPS Mission: Equestrian Sport Advocates seeks to foster the education of: equestrian industry ethics, principals, best business practices, career guidance, and networking opportunities for personal equestrian advancement.
Who: Equestrians who are or may have and interest to become, a professional in the equine industry, regardless of age, discipline, or position. Example: Trainer, Rider, Coach, Instructor, Business Owner.
Support Member; ** A general ESA membership for those involved in, or interested in, the equestrian industry.
1 ) Intern Member (or Working Students); A ESA member who is working as an trainee to a ESA Professional member in the equestrian industry
2) Riding Academy Member - Riding School Instructor Member An ESA member who works at a Riding School or Riding Academy
3) Assistant Professional Member An ESA member who is working full time and is an assistant to an ESA professional
4) Associate Professional Member An ESA member, who does not own the business, but is working in a partnership with and established ESA industry trainer
5) Aspiring Professional Member An ESA member who has established an equine business and has less than 15 years in the equestrian industry as a professional.
6) Senior Professional Member A ESA member who been working in established businesses in the equestrian industry as a professional for 15 to 34 years.
7) Master Professional Member; A ESA member who has been working in established businesses in the equestrian industry as a professional for 35 years or more. The ESA Senior Professional must also have a proven record of success in the sport or equestrian business as well as a history of governance in an equestrian industry association, continuous work in a support business or continued work for a charity.
8) Industry Professional Member An ESA member working in the industry in any capacity other than training, coaching or instructing.
ESA is currently in the first year of the programs and is, itself, going through the process of accepting a network segment of career minded horsemen to its roster. Within this backdrop, the Professional Programs will therefore be considered as being pilot in nature during the first 3 years (2018-2020). Program implementation and opportunities offered will be monitored, with adjustments being made, as appropriate, during this pilot phase. A comprehensive structural review and evaluation will be carried out after the ESA Young Professional Program has gained 3 years of implementation experience.
Professional by ESA definition: Accepts remuneration ($ or trade) AND rides, exercises, drives, shows, trains, assists in training, schools or conducts clinics or seminars. (Use USEF Professional; status definition for clarification GR 1306)
Note: A New or Young Professional is an entry-level member and generally has a desire to, and/or are on the track to, having a career in the horse industry. Typically, within several years an Assistant Professional will either become established as an Associate Professional or will leave their current position and open a business of their own. However, although the timing can vary, it's theoretically possible to remain an Assistant or Associate Professional forever.